One Good Turn is a Laurel & Hardy sound short film released 31 October 1931.
Stan and Ollie are suffering during the Great Depression and begging for food. A friendly old lady provides them with some sandwiches. Enjoying their meal they overhear that the lady will be thrown out of her house because she was robbed and cannot pay her mortgage. They don't know that she is rehearsing a play. Stan and Ollie decide to repay the old lady by selling their car. During the auction a drunken man puts a wallet in Stan's pocket. Ollie accuses Stan of having robbed the old lady but when they return to her place they hear the truth. Stan takes revenge on Ollie.
- Stan Laurel as Stanley
- Oliver Hardy as Ollie
- Mary Carr as the Old lady
- Jimmy Finlayson as a Community Player who plays the landlord
- Billy Gilbert as the Drunk
- Gordon Douglas as a Community player
- Dorothy Granger as a Community Player
- Snub Pollard as a Community Player
- Lyle Tayo as a Community Player
- Stan Laurel's daughter Lois was afraid of her "Uncle Babe", Ollie, because her father was hit by him in many of their films. So, Laurel wrote a scene in which he hit Hardy instead.