Night Owls is a Laurel & Hardy sound short film released 4 January 1930.
The police chief warns Officer Kennedy to make arrests to stop a burglary epidemic or face the sack. Kennedy comes across vagrants Stan and Ollie that night and persuades them to rob the chief's house so he can earn his boss's favor. The boys, believing it to be too dangerous, at first refuse. After Kennedy threatens them with ninety days on "the rockpile," and assures them he will get them released after they're caught, they agree to the ruse. Stan and Ollie encounter various problems but the chief catches Kennedy with various valuables in his house, and the boys escape.
- Stan Laurel as Stan Laurel
- Oliver Hardy as Oliver "Ollie" Hardy
- Edgar Kennedy as Officer Kennedy
- James Finlayson as Butler Meadows
- Anders Randolf as the Police Captain