Do Detectives Think? is a Laurel & Hardy silent short film released 20 November 1927.
Judge Foozle sentences The Tipton Slasher to death. The murderer vows revenge on the judge. Following his escape, the judge engages a detective agency which sends its two least-skilled detectives, Ferdinand Finklebery and Sherlock Pinkham, to protect him. After many mishaps, the sleuths do manage to capture the murderer.
- Stan Laurel - Ferdinand Finklebery
- Oliver Hardy - Sherlock Pinkham
- Jimmy Finlayson - Judge Foozle
- Noah Young - The Tipton Slasher
- Viola Richard - Mrs. Foozle
- Frank Brownlee - Detective agency boss
- Charles A. Bachman - Officer
- Will Stanton - Slasher's pal
- Charley Young - Juror
- Wilson Benge - Butler attacked by Slasher